The Woodlands is a beautiful place to spend your summer – and there are plenty of things to do! From enjoying the sunny days by the water, to hiking through the forest, to celebrating at the many festivals and events that take place throughout the season, there’s always things to do in the woodlands. And of course, if you’re looking for a little excitement in your life, there’s always time for a good game of laser tag or go-karting!
Events In The Woodlands This Summer
Summer in The Woodlands always has something fun scheduled for residents and visitors alike. Here are some of the events taking place this summer:
-The Woodlands Waterway Cruises offer a unique way to see the area’s attractions. The cruises depart from the Texas Renaissance Festival, Lake Conroe and Houston Audubon Center.
-The Woodlands Arts and Crafts Fair is a three-day event that brings together local artisans with shoppers from all around the area.
-The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo is one of the biggest conventions in Texas, taking place every year over two weeks in late March or early April. This year’s event runs from March 12th to the 16th.
-Houston Shakespeare in The Heights presents a variety of free performances throughout the summer at various parks in The Woodlands including Memorial Park, Montgomery Park and Beechnut Springs Park.
Things To Do In The Woodlands
Looking for something to do in the Woodlands this summer? Here are some fun things to do in the area!
Take a walk through The Gardens at The Woodlands, one of the most beautiful gardens in Texas. This park includes statues and fountains, as well as a giant chessboard.
If you’re looking for a place to staycation, The Woodlands Resort & Convention Center is the perfect spot. This property has everything you need, including an 18-hole golf course, full-service spa, and restaurants. You can also check out their movie theater or gaming center.
The Woodlands Resort & Convention Center is a top destination in The Woodlands area.
This magnificent property offers something for everyone, from golfers to spa enthusiasts to gamers. With so many amenities on site, there’s definitely something for everyone to enjoy during their staycation.
If you’re feeling active, take a hike or bike ride at White Oak Nature Preserve or Buffalo Springs State Park. Both parks have miles of trails that will take you through woodlands and past creeks and lakes. If hiking is more your speed, check out Kings Bayou State Park for its easy 2-mile loop trail or Lake Houston State Park for its 10 miles of trails that wind through cypress trees and geese ponds.
Finally, if you want to see some really cool animals without leaving the city limits, visit the Texas Zoo! This zoo features elephants, gorillas, lionsess and many other animals from all over the world.
Fun Things To Do in The Woodlands This Summer
Looking for some fun things to do in the Woodlands this summer? Here are five ideas to get you started!
1. Visit The Woodlands Nature Center: If you’re looking for things to do in The Woodlands, the nature center is a great option. It’s home to a petting zoo, butterfly garden, and wetlands area, among other exhibits. Plus, there’s plenty of free parking available. If you’re an animal lover, be sure to check out the petting zoo; it has a variety of animals from all over the world. And if you’re interested in plants and flowers, the butterfly garden is definitely worth a visit. It’s full of beautiful butterflies from all over the world. Finally, if you’re interested in learning about waterlogging and wetland ecosystems, the nature center is perfect for you.
There’s even a wetlands area where you can learn about how this type of ecosystem works.
2. Explore the trails at White Oak Bayou: This hiking trail is perfect for families looking for an easy walk with plenty of scenic spots to stop and take in the view. Plus, there’s plenty of wildlife to spot along the way – from deer to ducks to rabbits!
3. Rent a boat or kayak: If you’re looking for an outdoor activity that’s close to home, renting a boat or kayak is a great option. You can explore White Oak Bayou or any of the other nearby waterways without ever having to leave your property.
Touring these scenic waterways is a great way to enjoy nature and take in all the sights and sounds of the area.
Not only are they great for getting around the waterways in your area, but they’re also perfect for fishing trips or just taking in the sights and sounds of nature.
4. The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion is one of the most popular places to see live music in the Woodlands this summer. With a variety of concerts, from big names to up-and-coming artists, there’s something for everyone. From classic rock concerts to international acts, there’s something for everyone here.
5. Sundance Square is a beautiful and festive place to spend an afternoon in summer. The square is full of vendors selling delicious ice cream, there are plenty of places to sit and enjoy the sights and sounds, and it’s a great place to take a break from the heat. From family-friendly amusement rides to shopping opportunities galore, there’s sure to be something for everyone here.